Monday, July 28

a large basket of Lorings

Yesterday I went to Jaemor Farm Market with my grandmother. This is how it made me feel:

Day after day from all those miles and leagues of flowers there rose a smell which Lucy found it very hard to describe: sweet -- yes, but not at all overpowering, a fresh, wild, lonely smell that seemed to get into your brain and make you feel that you could go up mountains at a run or wrestle with an elephant. She and Caspian said to one another, "I feel that I can't stand much more of this, yet I don't want it to stop."
-from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis


Over the course of the last week, I made two different plans for my Sunday, both of which involved hiking, both of which fell through. Turns out the Lord had different ideas. I didn't get it when I stepped on a nail a few days beforehand, nor when my parents offered their sound advice. He's guiding (I considered using the word "forcing" here) me to follow his will by eliminating my options, which is exactly what I asked for.

I am so thankful for what he is teaching me (finances, shalom), and even more thankful for the farm market. He knew I would love it. I wanted to look at and smell and touch and taste everything; I never wanted to leave and I cannot wait to go back next week when the Georgia Belles (white flesh peaches) are in. I brought home a pint of blueberries, fig preserves, homemade granola, four kiwis for Madison, and a large basket of Lorings which I cannot wait to share because even I couldn't possibly eat them all before they ripen.

No comments: