Friday, May 30

Россия

As most of you know, I'm heading to Russia soon. I kind of can't believe it's actually happening, and sooner than I think. Looking back on the last month or so, I've realized that I've learned a lot about Russian history. It's quite interesting, and that, coming from a self-proclaimed science nerd that will be the first to admit that she doesn't know squat about history, is a monumental statement. Unfortunately, I will have infrequent internet (at best) since we will spend the majority of our time in the rural Mari El Republic, but I will make every effort to type posts when I can. If this proves impossible, I will put them up when I get home and backdate them. I'm serious.

I've never been away from home for this long, so if you want to send me a letter (please please send me a letter!), here is the address:

Kirby Lee
c/o Camp named after Volodya Dubinin
Respublika Mari-El
Yoshkar-Ola
157 Komsomol'skaya Str of 321
424006 Russia

Our professor has advised us that it takes about a month for mail to arrive, so if you'd like me to get it before I leave, please make sure you send your mail by June 10th.

Россия = Russia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am spending my time right now hating myself a little bit.
i wanted to write you.
and intended to.
in fact, i just got on to look up your address again, and saw the final date to send letters was almost a week ago.
i was at the beach and didn't get my letter out before i left.
sigh. and your birthday is coming up and i didn't get any birthday mail to you.
happy birthday early dear.
i love you and am sorry i did this!
and i can't wait to see you again.