Monday, October 20

basil, meet italian parsley and mint.



Given the title of this blog, I thought it would be appropriate to announce that I acquired two new herbs today, Italian Parsley and Mint, to add to my collection. I felt as though I lived up to my nickname for the first time since December, when it was first given to me. I had packed up my car to head home for the holidays and all three of my roommates accompanied me down for a proper send-off. In the passenger seat, they noticed a box of plants that were coming home with me, and Lindsey said I was like a plant lady instead of a cat lady.

Today on the elevator, one of my neighbors asked me about the plants in my hand. When I told her that they were herbs, she wondered if I used them for cooking. I told her yes, and that they made my room smell lovely as well. She asked if they were difficult to keep healthy. I explained that they like a lot of sunshine and just a little water. She said she was going to head over to Publix to get some of her own.

I guess I am kind of a plant lady.

1 comment:

Robby Christmas said...

fill the earth and subdue it ... work the garden and take care of it ... being a plant lady is more significant than some people may think. So plant and prune, sow and scatter, water and wait ... and continue to speculate. (wow, that was fun to write). thanks for the comment on the Gen. 11 piece.