Thursday, May 14

call me crazy

On Monday night, I was lounging on the love seat in the living room of my father's house using his Macbook to check the flight availability of his trip to Milan this weekend. We had tentative plans to take the train to Lake Como and go for a picturesque hike, perhaps a picnic, and of course a photo-shoot. Unfortunately, the flight out of Atlanta had only four seats open, so it was a little risky. Out of curiosity, I checked the flights to Cairo, and found that there were over thirty seats open on the flight out the next day. I mentioned this to my dad, to which he replied, "Call Aunt Chrissy. See what they're doing this week."

Given that this conversation took place around 9:00 PM EST, it was 2:00AM in Cairo, so in leiu of calling, I sent an f'book message:

Re: call me crazy

No seriously, please do call me crazy because I was looking up flight availability for my dad's trip to Italy this weekend because I was trying to go with him, and on an absolute whim I checked the flights to Cairo to see what they looked like because I cannot stand the fact that I will be missing you guys this summer...

The flights are wide open for me to leave tomorrow (I would arrive on Wednesday morning) and return on Monday. I do realize that it would be a lot to organize and at such late notice, and that you guys have lives, so feel completely free to say no kirby, you are crazy, but I would love nothing more than to spend a long weekend with you guys.

Call me first thing in the morning, even if it's the middle of the night here - if this is going to happen i will need to leave pretty early. If not, that is okay, really, no pressure.



Around midnight, my cousin Abbie called me. I finished packing, slept for a couple of hours, and was on my way to the airport by 5:00 AM.

No comments: