Tuesday, August 18

new home

Please accept my most sincere apologies for not having posted in months. In my defense, I've had kind of a busy summer, what with having the time of my life at camp in Colorado.

Now I'm in Boone. My parents left after lunch today, and now I'm on my own, trying to figure my life out. Graduate school is turning out to be quite different from my undergraduate experience. Whereas an incoming freshman at UGA is held by the hand and spoon-fed everything from meal plan to dorm life to registration to extracurricular activities, here they bombard you with emails and all you can do is cross your fingers and hope you don't screw up. The fact that I've been out of the loop for quite some time doesn't help.

So I'm just sitting in my new room, looking out the window at the green mountains surrounding me, trying to download antivirus software for my computer and mentally blocking the fact that the room behind me still has a box that needs unpacking.

No comments: